Up to 6x wired temperature sensors can be connected directly to an emonPi / emonTx V3 via RJ45 connection, see Temperature tab of Setup > Temperature & Humidity.
emonTH Wireless Temperature Monitoring Node
- Wireless temperature & humidity monitoring node
- Communicates with emonPi & emonBase via RF (433Mhz)
- 1yr+ battery life (2 x AA not included)
- Up to 4x emonTH can communicate to a single emonPi*
- Internal temperature & humidity + optional external probe
- Optional pulse sensor input
* More than 4x emonTH units can be connected to a single emonPi / emonBase with manual change of RF nodeID. This can be done via serial node ID config
emonTH Hardware Setup
1. DIP Switch Config
- If more than one emonTH is to be used with the same base-station set the node ID using the on-board DIP switches.
2. Install Additional Sensors
Internal temperature and humidity sensor is pre-installed in the emonTH, additional external sensors can be connected if required:
- External DS18B20 can be wired into terminal block see Hardware Wiki Section
- Optical Pulse Counting Sensor can be wired into terminal block see Hardware Wiki Section
Only one external DS18B20 sensor can be connected to an emonTH with standard firmare. If more than one DS18B20 is required see emonTH alternative firmware.
3. Power Up
- Power emonTH from 2 x AA batteries
- Alternatively 5V DC can be wired into terminal block if required
4. Indicator LED
- Illuminates solid (dimly) for a few seconds at first power up
- LED should then extinguish to indicate successful sensor detection
- Flashing LED indicates sensor detection failure
- To preserve battery LED does NOT flash regularly during operation
Base-station Emoncms Setup
The emonTH is compatible with emonPi / emonBase. RF transmission from the emonTH should be picked up automatically and data should appear in local Emonms
If Remote logging has been setup, data will also be posted to Emoncms.org.
Note: if using more than 4x emonTH units (with custom RF node ID or modified firmware)
emonhub.conf node decoders will need to be setup.