Please read the CT installation guide before installing. Your safety is your responsibility. Clip-on current sensors are non-invasive and should not have direct contact with the AC mains. However, installing the sensors will require working in close proximity to cables carrying high voltage. As a precaution, we recommend ensuring the cables are fully isolated; i.e., switch off the power prior to installing your sensors and proceed slowly with care. If you have any doubts, seek professional assistance.
- Clip the CT sensor around either the Live or Neutral cable
- Connect jack plug into either CT1 or CT2 socket on the emonPi
- If the power reading is negative, reverse the CT sensor orientation
- CT sensor cable should not be extended to avoid induced noise
- For Solar PV install see Solar PV Application page
- Learn more about how CT sensors work…
The clip-on CT sensors must be clipped round either the live or Neutral AC wire. NOT BOTH.
- Plug the AC-AC adapter into a power outlet
- This may require installation of a new outlet or extending an existing one
- AC-AC adapter cable can be extended if required
- Plug power connector into the AC socket on the emonPi
- Essential for Solar PV monitoring
- Provides AC waveform reference for accurate Real Power measurements.
- Learn more about measuring voltage with AC-AC power adpator…
- Plug the DC 5V USB adapter into a power outlet
- Plug the mini-B USB connector into the emonPi
- High quality minimum 1.2A power supply recommended
- See Optical Pulse Sensor setup page
- Connects to emonPi / emonTx via RJ45 connector
- Self-adhesive velcro attachment to utility meter
- One optical pulse sensor per emonPi/emonTx
- Can be used in conjunction with temperature sensors using RJ45 Breakout
- Connect to emonPi / emonTx via RJ45 connector
- Up to 6x sensors can be connected using RJ45 Breakout
- Sensor wire can be extended using RJ45 cable and RJ45 Extender
See Solar PV Application Note for emonPi solar PV install guide & images.
Ensure all sensors are connected before powering up.
a.) Switch on DC & AC power
b.) Check CT sensor(s) & AC Wave are detected:
c.) emonPi should remember WiFi network and re-connect